Two-week long "period" question?

Two-week long "period" question?


Two-week long "period" question?

Posted: 14 Dec 2012 01:40 AM PST

Hi, there. I have a really strange situation I'd like some insight on. I have been on what I believe to be a period for nearly two weeks now. I don't think this is normal for me but this is only my third actual period so I can't say for sure. I'm currently 20 and I got my first period when I was 15, my second when I was 16, and haven't had one up until now. The first two lasted about a week, I think. Occasionally, in the last four years, I would get kind of crampy/bloaty/moody/headaches/fatigued/sore, all that fun stuff, but no actual menstruation occurred. I probably should have gone to the doctor about this when I was 16 but my mother and grandmother and aunt were all "late bloomers" and had very irregular periods their whole lives so I just figured it would all sort itself out. This two-week long bleeding thing has me quite concerned as I have no other symptoms with it. I'm just bleeding. No cramps, no headaches, no soreness or tenderness, or fatigue. Just blood. It's not bleeding heavily and varies from being a light to medium flow and from bright red to dark red to light brown and switches all the time. (TMI, I know.) It's just all over the place, never consistent. I will be calling my doctor if it doesn't let up soon but I have to wait until the school semester is over next week to even make an appointment. I am not on birth control, never have been, nor am I sexually active, so all birth control or pregnancy or miscarriage related possibilities can be ruled out. I don't know if it's hormones out of whack or stress or what but if you've experienced something similar or have any ideas, I'd appreciate the input! Sorry this is so long, thanks for reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment