How long does pain last after a wisdom tooth extraction?

How long does pain last after a wisdom tooth extraction?


How long does pain last after a wisdom tooth extraction?

Posted: 10 Dec 2012 01:56 AM PST

Hello. I had all four of my wisdom teeth extracted on Dec 4th. It's already the 10th and they still hurt. It took 3-4 days for them to actually stop bleeding. Now that they've stopped bleeding, only one side has the stitches dissolved but it hurts more than it did before. When I poke at it with my tongue (I know I shouldn't do that), it feels funny, like the wound hasn't closed. I don't know if that is normal. It's also weird that only one side has stitches still but the other doesn't. The pain isn't incredibly unbearable, but I'm afraid to eat anything and I'm scared to thoroughly brush my teeth because I don't want know if they're fully healed or not. But I can seriously feel how dirty my teeth are near the wounds and it feels disgusting. It doesn't help that I have braces so everything gets stuck in my teeth easily. I am still brushing my other teeth very carefully and lightly though. I've already started to lightly rinse with salt water, and I'm still eating soft foods but I'm starting to eat stuff like pasta and soup with small bits of vegetables and meat in them. I already asked my dentist and she said I should be able to do this already, but it just seems like my healing is going really slow. And I'm really concerned about the side without stitches that feels like it's not fully healed. It's hurting now more than ever. I just want to know if this is all normal or if I should go ahead and ask my dentist. I can't open my mouth wide enough yet to actually look that far into my mouth, so I can't even see what anything looks like. Also, when will I be able to brush my teeth and eat normally? When the stitches are gone completely or should I be ok to do it now?

0 comments:

Post a Comment