I dented a parked car, what should I do?

I dented a parked car, what should I do?


I dented a parked car, what should I do?

Posted: 14 Dec 2012 05:13 AM PST

I live in a block of flats and there is a car park where there is an allocated space for every flat. I was returning from work on several occasions to find a car belonging to a new tenant parked in my allocated space. I caught up with the owner of this vehicle and asked him politely not to park his car in my space and he agreed to move it. However, the following day my request had been ignored as I found his car parked in my space again. Everytime I come back now, I'm always finding he's car in my space, even when there are spaces either side of my allocated parking space. Which makes me think this is being done in retaliation when I asked him not to park there. Anyway, last night I came home and as usual he's car was in my space but this time he was parked across two spaces leaving me with only enough room to park my car in the only remaining space. Naturally I was fed up and angry with this and when I went round to the passenger door to get my drill case out I could hardly get in to reach it as the door could not fully open. I did manage to get the drill case out but had to strain myself to reach it. In a sudden moment of anger I hit my drill case on the front passenger wing of his car and although I didn't realise it at first I had caused a small dent. I feel bad now for what I done and am wondering how to approach this. In some way if he hadn't ignored my request to not park there in the first place then none of this would have happended, so I feel his as much to blame. I did not leave a note saying it was me and have not told him yet but I'm sure he will see the dent sometime today and will be naturally pissed and might point the finger at me. At the moment I feel like denying any involvment and if he does come knocking on my door I'll just say I don't know anything about it or am I doing the wrong thing? Any help in this matter would be appreciated Thanks

0 comments:

Post a Comment