Best coil spring rate for my truck?

Best coil spring rate for my truck?


Best coil spring rate for my truck?

Posted: 24 Jul 2013 06:02 AM PDT

I have a 91 Dodge D-150 Ram, 2WD with a 318 (pre-magnum). I need to replace the front shocks and coil springs, and have decided on KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, but I'm having a hard time with the springs. I cannot find any progressive rate springs, so I'm down to MOOG 7170's with a spring rate of 845 or 7172's with a spring rate of 1043. They also have a 7172S with a spring rate of 1067 that I think is probably too much. I would like the truck to sit higher off the ground so I am leaning toward the 7172's, and I have heard that a higher spring rate is better for handling. I don't mind a stiffer ride, but I don't know if the 318 weighs enough for that high of a spring rate, and if it sits too high, will it make the truck feel floaty or handle poorly?

0 comments:

Post a Comment