What options do I have for lowering my car payment?

What options do I have for lowering my car payment?


What options do I have for lowering my car payment?

Posted: 09 Jan 2014 05:14 AM PST

I bought a car in 2011 and the loan I got was for just over 19,000 for 72 months at 1.90 APR. I have $10,310.26 left and with my payment I have 36-37 months left. Right now it's in mine and my Dads name but I am considering moving it out of my dads name since my credit has raised a good bit and putting it in mine and my husbands name. Is that refinancing? When/If my husband takes over the loan will that change the payments? I'm okay with lengthening my loan, even if it costs a little more interest in the long run but I don't want to lose my APR because it's pretty good and I want a lower monthly payment. Also do I go to my original lender (Nissan) to find out the detailed answers to these questions or do I go to someone like lending tree to refinance? If I do switch it out of my dads name then I would definitely have to go to Nissan first right? I'm just trying to see what my options are. Also KBB has the trade in value around $9,000 would I have a better chance at getting a lower payment if I traded in? Or would that only increase my payments? I know I'm rambling at this point so to sum everything up ideally I would like a lower payment, the same or a lower interest rate and for the car (or a car) to be in mine and my husbands name instead of my dads and mine. What should I do and who should I contact first?

0 comments:

Post a Comment