Is my ear piercing infected?

Is my ear piercing infected?


Is my ear piercing infected?

Posted: 12 Nov 2013 01:33 AM PST

I got my ear pierced about 6 days ago, and I keep looking around the internet to see if my ear is infected, because I have noticed small amounts of pus dry up around the hole overnight. I have a spiky ring in my ear, and I heard the worst thing to do is to take out the ring and leave it out. Also, other people have been saying that their ears have become very itchy or very sore, and everything seems fine on my ear, except the pus. It's only tiny amounts, and they don't accumulate during the day. Could you please help? What do I do? P.S, I don't think I'm cleaning it properly, my friend said, "Soak a washcloth in warm salty water and wipe around and in the piercing twice or maybe three times a day." Is this right? I'm only doing it once a day, and sometimes I forget to do it at all. Also, if it is infected, is it too late to fix by cleaning three times everyday or something? Sorry for all this, it's just my first time piercing my ear, and apparently this isn't normal. But what I don't get is my other friend pierced his ear and he didn't get any infection, and he didn't clean it at all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment