How to Fix 2000 Focus?

How to Fix 2000 Focus?


How to Fix 2000 Focus?

Posted: 07 Nov 2013 05:04 AM PST

In May, I purchased a 2000 Ford Focus )from a dealer I found out later sold junk and rigged things to sell to apparently idiots like me). When I took it for a test drive, the Check Engine light was on and he told me he was going to replace the o2 sensor for me and have it ready for inspection (I think he assumed I would have his guys inspect it). So, I bought the car and took it in to him a few days later. He showed me a "receipt" that he created stating he fixed some kind of tubing around the o2 and that was all it needed. Well, in August the check engine light came on and I took it to my mechanic and he said he "did what he could" but the light would come on again. Sure enough, two days later - it did. So, I decided I'd drive it til it blew up basically. Then, I began to use a LOT more gas then normal. I took it to a mechanic my parents know and trust and was told that someone put a twig inside the o2 sensor. He told me what it was supposed to do, but he was using shop terms I didn't understand. So, I have an appointment Monday to have it fixed the correct way. Flash forward to about two weeks ago. I noticed a squeaking coming from under my hood and assumed it was from all of the rain we had and never took much thought to it. Now, I can hear the noise inside my car through the vents - mainly when my heat is on. Yesterday, at the bus stop - my heat was on setting 3 (setting four does not work) and the heat began to make a weird noise and it slowed down a lot (like someone turned it down to setting 1) and it started to smell - it wasn't a burning smell but kinda like a new plastic (?) so I turned it off, put him on the bus and tried it again on 3. It worked and hasn't down it again that I'm aware of (I let my car heat up for 10-15 minutes in the morning and don't hear it if it's doing it). I took it to my college and was telling a friend about it. He looked under my car and said the belt (I think he said I only have the serpentine belt) and my pulley looked good. But he said I have an oil leak around my radiator. So oil from the other side of the car is now on the outside of my radiator. Does ANYONE know what I can do for these issues? Serious inquiries only. No - I cannot sell the car.

0 comments:

Post a Comment