How much does it cost to fix a dent in a car door?

How much does it cost to fix a dent in a car door?


How much does it cost to fix a dent in a car door?

Posted: 03 Jan 2012 05:02 AM PST

I was in the car with my friend and he was backing out of the parking lot. He was going slowly but then this lady was going a little too fast and tried to get into this parking spot next to us. My friend backed into her passenger door and there's a fairly large dent on the lower part of her door. Its a 06 Subaru STI, just the entire rear bumper is pretty much imprinted into the lower part of her door. The Subie is completely fine, no damage at all. When he got out to exchange info it turns out that the insurance card he was carrying had expired the day before (He has insurance, its just that the card had expired) And he accidently dropped his license in the store when he purchased a pack of cigarettes. Because he thought he was hopeless, he told them he'd pay them for the damage and so the ladies husband called the next day saying he got an estimate for $1,500 then 2 weeks later he called again saying it was now $3,200 because apparently the first guy missed out on the damages... Is this all reasonable? The vehicle she was driving was a blue truck , the year was probably between 1998-2004 from how old it looked. I had the same exact thing happened to me and the guy paid me $1,237. I just don't want my friend to get ripped off cause he just lost his job and he has kids he needs to support.

0 comments:

Post a Comment