How Can I Get My Boyfriend to Accept a Liver Transplant from Me? I'm so scared and depressed for him?

How Can I Get My Boyfriend to Accept a Liver Transplant from Me? I'm so scared and depressed for him?


How Can I Get My Boyfriend to Accept a Liver Transplant from Me? I'm so scared and depressed for him?

Posted: 28 Jan 2012 01:34 AM PST

I really need some advice on what to do here, I feel like my whole world is being shattered and I feel so lost. So the situation is that my long-time boyfriend who is 39 years old got diagnosed with Cirrhosis of the liver about 6 years ago and now he is dying and is in the hospital. I've been so sad recently because I've known this man since we were in elementary school and I love him more than anything in the world. He is the nicest and most caring man in the world, his only fault is that since he was in college he has always drank a lot. I don't know exactly how much but he always had a drink in his hand, and recently I do know how much he has been drinking because I counted it, and for the past 4 months I've seen him drink about a bottle of Vodka a day as well as beer. Now after he got hospitalized, he didn't get put on the organ donor recipient list because he has not been sober long enough, but I told him I would give him a live donor liver transplant, all the tests were done and surprisingly we are a match! But, he is refusing to go through with the surgery, I cannot understand why! if he doesn't do this he will be dead in less than a year! When I talked to him about his he told me he didn't want to do it because he didn't think he deserved it! He said that he caused all this by drinking and that it was unfair to get a transplant over people that got sick for reasons out of their control, he also said he didn't want me to have any risk, he also said if he got a new liver and get better he would probably keep drinking since he was an alcoholic. I get all that, I really do, but I mean if he doesn't accept this he will die! and so young! How can I convince him to accept this? It hurts me so much to see him in such a weak state! He was always such a strong and confident man, and now he looks so fragile! It kills me to see him like this, even when I cuddle with him in the hospital I feel him so fragile. Is there any way I can make him do it? like declare him mentally ill or something? I cannot bear to see him die and I really need some advice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment