Can a young adult have Fibromyalgia?

Can a young adult have Fibromyalgia?


Can a young adult have Fibromyalgia?

Posted: 15 Jan 2012 01:17 AM PST

The only people I've known in my life being diagnosed with it are older. I am 21 years old and I, along with my endocrinologist, suspects that it /might/ be a possibility. I have been referred to a neurologist that I'll be seeing soon. I have certain tender spots throughout my body. The pain I feel is hard to describe, but I would say it is like a deep muscle nerve ache..that feels almost like a bruise that is aching. The tender spots ache at random and are sensitive to touch (like a light poke). The tender spots are located on my thigh (my thighs are the most sensitive to touch out of all tender spots), lovehandle locations, left and right hip area, below the calf muscle in my leg, some areas on my upper arm, under and around my right and left shoulder blade, and a bit under my collar bone. I also have been diagnosed with Hypothyroidism (taking 100mcg Levothryoxine), pernicious anemia, vitamin D2 defiency, and sleep apnea. I am being treated for each, but I've also been told that my thyroid could cause nerve problems (though I don't think it could cause Fibromyalgia). Could I have it and is it possible for a young adult such as myself to have it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment