Will 30mg of Avanza make a difference?

Will 30mg of Avanza make a difference?


Will 30mg of Avanza make a difference?

Posted: 27 Nov 2012 01:19 AM PST

So I see my psychologist either once a week or once every 2 weeks depending on how I'm going, I'm going through therapy for PTSD, I also suffer from Depression which can come with PTSD, ANYWAY, She decided to get my doctor to put me on some sort of anti depressants so I could find it easier to carry on with the therapy, because we're at the point of helping me deal with my triggers, like desensitizing from them, I get pretty depressed so for now I've had to stop the desensitizing part of it but still continue with therapy until the depression has subsided enough for me to return to desensitization. I have been on Avanza 15mg for about 2 weeks, coming up to my third on Thursday, and I've gotten worse? I'm not sure if it's because the mg I'm on are too low to make a noticeable difference or whether they are indeed making me worse, but they want to as we discussed put it up to 30mg when I see my doctor tomorrow, I'm not sure if maybe I should try another medication? I just can't take any medication that is like Valium or I get super angry, which isn't good since with PTSD I can get quite angry anyway... I will obviously be discussing all this with BOTH my psychologist AND my doctor when I see them both tomorrow but is there anything anyone could suggest medication wise that could help? I'm not using the anti depressants as a means of fixing the depression since it's caused by PTSD which can only be dealt with through therapy, I'm using it just so the symptoms are less pronounced so I am able to continue with therapy without so many flashbacks which occur a lot more whilst I'm depressed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment