Why is my sleeping schedule so crazy?

Why is my sleeping schedule so crazy?


Why is my sleeping schedule so crazy?

Posted: 20 Jun 2013 01:24 AM PDT

It's summer vacation of course, and as a teenager I am built to stay up late and wake up late. Even during the school year I'd have problems falling asleep. Even when I shut my phone off and blocked every light in the room I'd find myself staring at the ceiling at four in the morning, two hours before I'd have to "wake up". Since it's summer, I now can sleep in as late as I want. I started summer staying up until about two in the morning and kept waking up around eight, which is weird for me without an alarm. I periodically pushed back my "bed time" and I reached four or five in the morning. I have nothing to do all day, so I know I can sleep in late and catch up on my rest. But the past week has been really strange; I'd go to bed around four or five in the morning and wake up at seven. I can't go back to sleep and I feel completely energized. But then around ten or eleven I take an hour nap. By the end of the day I am completely exhuasted- no matter how much physical activity I get. But as soon as I lay down to sleep, I cannot sleep. Even when I turn my phone off and try my hardest to sleep, I just can't. After falling asleep really late again, the cycle starts over. Why can't I sleep right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment