What might be the cause of a gentle, intermitant grinding noise coming from underneath timing belt cover?

What might be the cause of a gentle, intermitant grinding noise coming from underneath timing belt cover?


What might be the cause of a gentle, intermitant grinding noise coming from underneath timing belt cover?

Posted: 03 May 2013 06:03 AM PDT

if just had a new timing belt put on engine..as well as a new tensioner and idler pully (supposedly)...as well as a new water pump... I just noticed 3 weeks later this morning a gentle grinding noise coming from timing belt cover...and it sounds to me like a bearing on a pully possibly..but how to deal with mechanic about this? accuse him of not having replaced the pullies or what if he gets my vehicle in the shop and takes it off to "find the problem" again,,and this time keeps my vehicle until I agree to pay for another problem that "isn't his fault"? how likely? the gentle grinding noise is only noticeable when it is idling...and it does it intermittently..like it is doing it a second apart..like a pully turning I am trying to think about the wisest way to handle this situation...as I took it back to the independant mechanic and he listened to it and told me "to not worry about it"..that he didn't think it was going to be a problem..and seemed quite evasive about it..I didn't accuse him of anything..but by the way he acted he seemed to be trying to "play dumb"..and was very evasive..for example..not seeming to be around much and was busy..which I am sure he was...but I was standing there for awhile waiting for him again to come out of his office..I didn't want to make him angry..but he seemed to be trying to avoid talking much about it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment