Helicopter Pilot Training?

Helicopter Pilot Training?


Helicopter Pilot Training?

Posted: 10 May 2013 06:04 AM PDT

I'm wanting to become a professional commercial helicopter pilot, but because of the immense cost in the UK I'm looking into doing it in the USA. I have a lot of questions, so please bear with me! A flight school in the US quoted me £50,000 ($80,000) for the PPL, IR, CPL and Instructors rating and said it would take about a year. Is this a good price and realistic timescale (another quoted half the price and time, is that too good to be true)? They told me the only realistic way to build hours in a helicopter is to become an instructor, is there any other ways? Are there many instructor jobs here or would I be better off staying in the US? So when I'd come back I'd need to convert my licences and do a night rating i guess, is this a hard thing to do? How long would it take and cost? Once I'd done this and had a high amount of hours would I then be able to apply for jobs? (My dream job is SAR/Air Ambulance, would it then be possible?) Finally, I would undertake a UK medical to make sure I could do it, would that then be valid in the US or would I have to take another? And realistically, how do people afford this!? It's such an incredible amount of money! I know I have a lot of questions, but I really have no idea how people really do this and because its such a huge investment, I want to do it right. Thanks in advance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment