What can you tell me about ships?

What can you tell me about ships?


What can you tell me about ships?

Posted: 27 Mar 2013 06:06 AM PDT

Hello. Thank you for reading my question. I am writing a story with pirates, but, to my embarrassment, I don't know anything about ships. I would be very grateful if you could give me whatever information you can about ships, not the new, modern ships, but the old ones, made of wood, with sails, not engines. I want to know everything, starting with the materials they were built of (what type of wood, which were better, which were faster, which were more expensive; what type of material were the sails made of etc), the "anatomy" of an ordinary ship and any other small things that would make my story seem more authentic. The more details, the better. Thank you very much in advance, Alexandra.

0 comments:

Post a Comment