Did the hospital act correctly?

Did the hospital act correctly?


Did the hospital act correctly?

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 01:39 AM PST

Before i begin, I would just like to say that I am fine and getting help now. The other evening I took four times the amount of sleeping pills that I usually take after burning myself. My roommate drove me to the ER. After I got there, they asked me if I wanted to hurt myself. I did, but all I said was I don't know. They took some blood work, asked if I wanted to talk to anyone (I said no) and sent me home. The entire time I was waiting for the blood results I was cutting at my finger with a pocketknife in my purse. I mentioned it vaguely to the doctor, and they still sent me home right away. Is this seriously the way ERs are supposed to work?! I had to ask my roommate to take all my meds from me so I wouldn't hurt myself, and waited another day and a half to get into see my regular therapist.

0 comments:

Post a Comment