Would a dealer use non-factory car parts? Also, car vibrating after a repair.?

Would a dealer use non-factory car parts? Also, car vibrating after a repair.?


Would a dealer use non-factory car parts? Also, car vibrating after a repair.?

Posted: 12 Oct 2011 06:03 AM PDT

I have always taken my car to the same Toyota dealer with no problems. Recently, I asked them to check on my squeaky breaks and they told me it was because I had non-Toyota parts?! How can I have non-Toyota parts when I haven't taken it anywhere else for repair? Does this mean they decided to put a generic part in hoping no one would notice? The only time I took it to someone else (right before my breaks started squeaking) was to recharge my a/c, but I hardly doubt they would have done anything in that amount of time. Also, at this same visit I had my axles replaced and the wheels aligned. However, when I was driving home, I noticed the steering wheel vibrating. Would this have anything to do with the repair? Are they going to charge me again if they need to fix their mistake? I've never had problems with this dealer before so I'm just a little disappointed with these two issues on the same day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment