What is causing wear on inside of my front right tire?

What is causing wear on inside of my front right tire?


What is causing wear on inside of my front right tire?

Posted: 26 Sep 2011 06:01 AM PDT

I have a 2004 Taurus, the steering wheel has been a little shaky the last couple months at high speeds. There was cupping on the front right tire, they've since been re-balanced, rotated, and I had an alignment done to make sure it wasn't either of those. You can hear a sort of whirling sound from the front right too, at any speed just worse the faster I go. I assume that can't be the wheel bearings since all 4 were replaced 5,000 miles ago. I know that all of the struts/shocks need to be replaced and a mechanic told me he thinks that it sitting so low in the back is lifting it up in the front, helping the irregular tire wear. I looked today and the front right tire is worn down much worse than it would have been at the rate it was wearing before. I've also heard it could be any front end component pretty much, but the mechanic said everything looked to be in good shape still except the struts. Was wondering if anyone knew what it could specifically be before I get new struts and tires and those wear irregularly too?

0 comments:

Post a Comment