Bottom half of fingernail ripped off? (Self inficted,) HELP!?

Bottom half of fingernail ripped off? (Self inficted,) HELP!?


Bottom half of fingernail ripped off? (Self inficted,) HELP!?

Posted: 02 Sep 2011 01:35 AM PDT

Okay, I've bitten my nails for a long time now, never have I really done anything that bad until yesterday. The lower part of the nail on my left thumb was very weak, thin, and pealed, and was starting to peel off, so me being the stupid that I am went and had to peel it off with tweezers. I managed to peel off and expose my lower nailbed, and now I'm left with the top of my nail not connected to anything. After I stopped the intense bleeding, I dried it up, put some Dettol cream on it and put a bandaid around it. A day later. I opened it. And almost passed out. I am so scared. /imageshack.us/photo/my-images/69/img0… Picture of it. The nailbed thing has swelled up and the skin all around it is white, but I'm most worried about the nail, Is it going to keep swelling and infecting? I think it's infected, it's disgusting, and the nail, what will happen? It's not dead, and because it can't grow what will happen to it? I think I'm going to cry, will I have to peel the alive part of the nail off to let it grow out? I put tea-tree oil on it because I know it's antibacterial, but what do I do with it? Should I apply straight dettol? I don't want to tell my mum because she'll make me feel bad for my nail problem, my other nails are actually fine, I've just mutilated this one nail. Please help, suggest what I should do. Thankyou so much in advance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment