Suspended Drivers License Question?

Suspended Drivers License Question?


Suspended Drivers License Question?

Posted: 06 Sep 2012 06:08 AM PDT

My license was wrongly suspended due to a name mix up at the fault of the state. My licensed was suspended for a month, but I didn't know. I got a letter from my insurance saying my license was suspended a month before, and that my insurance policy had been cancled So I called and figured it all out. The re-instated my license and waived all fees. My insurance was canceled for one month. After my license was re-instated my insurance was reactivated. i didn't drive for that month I didn't have insurance because I didn't want to get caught driving without insurance and a license. I got a bill today that was insanely high from my insurance. I called and they said it was taking a back payment for the month that my insurance was canceled. Can they do this? Can they make me pay for a month I didn't drive and wasn't even licensed to drive? isn't this sort of making me pay for something I didn't even use? Can they really charge me during a canceled period? Some of you may see this as trivial and think why not just pay it. I'm not a rich man. I'm 23, and even with no accidents or tickets on my record insurance is going to be high for me until I turn 25. I don't drive anything fancy. Just a Ford pick-up-truck. I've been working since I was 13, part of that included two deployments. I've worked hard for my money and I'm still barely scraping by.. Can the insurance company charge me for this month I didn't drive? If they cancel a policy how can they still collect on it? Is this legal?

0 comments:

Post a Comment