I had my wisdom tooth removed, when will it stop hurting so much?

I had my wisdom tooth removed, when will it stop hurting so much?


I had my wisdom tooth removed, when will it stop hurting so much?

Posted: 23 Sep 2012 01:46 AM PDT

I had one of my wisdom teeth removed on Wednesday. Since then my face has swollen quite a lot. I had to visit the emergency dentist on Thursday night as I started to resemble the Elephant Man! The dentist prescribed me with two lots of anti biotics. I don't smoke, I haven't been drinking through a straw, I've done salt water rinses and eating soft food. The swelling is still there, though it has gone down a bit. I think the wound is still bleeding though as every now and again I can taste blood in my mouth. When will it start to get better? I wake up in the morning with agonizing pain in my mouth, until I take painkillers which ease it. I'm 24. I'm also finding more ease using a heat pad rather than ice, is this ok? Thanks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment