How to cope with uncertainty?

How to cope with uncertainty?


How to cope with uncertainty?

Posted: 14 Aug 2012 01:42 AM PDT

I always think about what other people are doing and if I'm normal. I'm in the final year of my PhD and everything is uncertain. If I'm working from home, I wonder if it's normal to work from home and what other people are doing. If other people worked from home and I had to go into the office to work, I'd want to be working from home. I feel the need to be like everyone else. I'm also the first one from our family to go to university, let alone progress to a PhD. I feel very lucky but also very lonely as I don't know what kind of life I will lead, where I will end up and will I be happy? A few family members are also jealous that I'm able to attend wine and cheese events at the university and constantly comment on how I think I'm someone that I'm not. They always comment that I'm always out enjoying myself and that a PhD is not that hard because I seem to be 'off' most of the time! I feel really insecure, how can I get through this final year without emotional pain?

0 comments:

Post a Comment