My life got stripped.. need some advice D:?

My life got stripped.. need some advice D:?


My life got stripped.. need some advice D:?

Posted: 10 Mar 2012 01:24 AM PST

I was living the perfectly normal life. Going to school everyday talking and hanging out with my friends on weekends and weekdays. Going outside and playing basketball/baseball with my friends without having to worry about anything. Until I turned 14... I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. They kept me in the hospital for a week just so the doctors can examine me and teach me how to live with this incurable disease. At the time I didn't really know what I really had and thought it was just a normal disease that could be cured. Once I got older I realized what it really was and that was a disease that couldn't be cured. Ever since that day my life has really changed. I'm now 19 years old about to turn 20 in 2 months and I'm beginning to feel the consequences and sacrifices people have to make that have this disease. When I was younger it didn't really matter to me as much because I did the same things everyday. Go to school eat and come back home. Well now i'm older and feel as if this really stripped me of living my young life. Once my friends got older all the things we use do as kids are gone. 19 year old now and days just want to go party drink and have fun. Well I can't do none of that for the simple fact that I'm type 1 diabetic. I've lost all my friends due to this and don't really hang out with them anymore. I stay home almost everyday and do NOTHING on weekends because of this. I can't drink, smoke or eat certain food because of my diabetes. It's caused me to be very depressed about my life and now a anti social/loner type of person. I can't stand staying home on weekends and even cry to myself almost everyday knowing that if it wasn't for this disease I would be living a normal and fun life right now.I have no friends anymore because I can barely hang out with them. I feel so alone and don't know what to do at this point. And the thing that kills me the most is that it wasn't even my fault that I was diagnosed with the diabetes. Type 1 diabetics just get it when there immune system randomly attacks the pancreas and kills the insulin. Meaning I did nothing wrong to deserve this disease.It really kills me inside knowing that i'm gonna have this for the rest of my life and might not even live a long normal life because of it. I honestly dont know what to do and really need some advice if any please D:

0 comments:

Post a Comment