Picking up new car today...I have a major car insurance issue?

Picking up new car today...I have a major car insurance issue?


Picking up new car today...I have a major car insurance issue?

Posted: 10 Nov 2011 05:07 AM PST

Wife and I permanently moved from Boston to Michigan to live temporarily with family until we move into our own place here. My Boston insurance policy has very high rates (because I signed up I was a new adult driver and higher risk) but I'm told that to cancel I'll need to send the Massachusetts plates back. Problem is I don't know - can I apply for Michigan plates with a "permanent address" and without utility bills in my name here? To further complicate the picture, I am buying wife a new car today and she'll need insurance on her new vehicle. Shall I add her to my excessively high Boston insurance policy (not even sure if they'd let me if she has Michigan plates?) or add her car to Geico and then move mine to Geico in a few weeks time? Is it wierd/unwise to have both our cars with different policy i.e. is there usually a family discount and is it a smarter decision to have us both together? Confusing cos not sure if I can make the jump just yet because I need Michigan plates

0 comments:

Post a Comment