clavicle break reinjury?

clavicle break reinjury?


clavicle break reinjury?

Posted: 22 Nov 2011 02:34 AM PST

Hello, I broke my collar bone about 8 or 9 days ago by getting bucked of my horse. It was just starting to feel better yesterday and accidentally jerked my arm the wrong yesterday and got a sudden sharp pain right in same area. I felt like I could feel the bone through my skin a little more than before and it started to hurt more than it did when I even broke it. After talking to a few people, I finally went to the emergency room. The doc there said the break still should heal on its own but there is nothing they could do rather than give me pain meds. After a while, it started to hurt worse and they gave me even more meds and eventually the pain started to shoot up my neck (they said it may be a pinched nerve). This pain was DEFINATELY worse than the pain I had when i initially broke it. Probably the worst pain I have ever felt. (It felt like the bone was going to tear through my skin from underneath). Still, they gave me more pain meds. After being drugged up with the pain dulled a bit, they sent me home. I tried to sleep but couldn't and now, about 4 hours later. I am starting to have a lot of pain again. I have taken the ibuprofen they prescribed to me for the swelling, but am reluctant to take the vicodin because it makes me sick, and throwing up makes the pain even worse. I want to go back in but I'm not sure what more they can do...It just hurts so bad I don't know what to do with myself. Should I go back in? Or stay miserable and ride the pain out? Any suggestions, please...be polite. Thanks

0 comments:

Post a Comment