How do I cope?

How do I cope?


How do I cope?

Posted: 16 Mar 2014 01:33 AM PDT

My boyfriend has a child with another girl and I don't know how to deal with it. We started seeing each other in December 2012, everything was absolutely perfect! And then he decided to break the crazy news that he might possibly have gotten a girl pregnant and that she was due in January. He wasn't positive if it was really his kid or not because the girl is a complete whore. So in January the bitch had the child and it wasn't until summer that they did the paternity test and... SURPRISE! The baby is his..... So it's been a constant battle between my boyfriend and his ex-girlfriend with the court system and trying to figure out custody and whatnot. So basically for the past 5 months he has been doing these supervised visits. Him... his ex-girlfriend... and their child.. the three of them you know.. having family play dates together. Now, I don't know if I'm overreacting, but I mean me and him have been dating for longer than his kid has been alive... and for me to have to sit by and have all three of them as a family hang out I can't even express how sick this makes me feel. There are only 4 more visits like this left and then he finally gets to have his daughter over at his house... but to be honest... I don't want to be around her. I'm only 19 years old, he's only 20. I don't want the responsibility of someone else's kid and it makes me sick every time I see pictures of her or every time I even hear her name. I just can't get over it. I've tried for over a year now, I have forced myself time after time to try and get over the fact he has a child with another girl and I don't know how to handle it. Am I heartless? Or is this a normal feeling given the situation? The hardest part is that everything else about the relationship is perfect. I know I'm young and there are other options, but I really want to make this work with him. I really just want to know how to cope with this. I'm normally a person who gets over things so easily, but this.... It's been extremely hard and I don't know how to deal with it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment