Was it really my car battery or the alternator or something else?

Was it really my car battery or the alternator or something else?


Was it really my car battery or the alternator or something else?

Posted: 29 Sep 2013 05:56 AM PDT

Saturday morning (at 330a) I was driving my car when all of a sudden, my car slowed down and every single light on my dashboard came on. Luckily, I was next to a wide right side shoulder on the highway and about 5 seconds after my car slowed down, i pulled over and my car would not start. I tried to re-start and it would not. I called my insurance for the tow. After about 15 mins or so, my headlights would not turn on and my car lights for the radio and inside light all began flickering. At this time, if I had the keys in the ON position, i was still able to charge my phone but everything else would not work, I do not remember if I could roll down my electrical windows or not. I took my car to my normal mechanics, Monro Muffler. and the mechanic said it was my battery. I have a 2010 Nissan Sentra, that I purchased in Sept. 2011. Before that, it was a rental car. My mechanic said that my car still had the original battery in it. I think I got my car at 38,000 miles on it, and I currently have 71,000 miles on it. Driving home from the mechanics, i was afraid that i was feeling like my car was "struggling" to keep up. I drove for about 30 mins and there was no real issue with my car. Just this morning, about 15 mins ago, i went to start my car to see how it feels. Just sitting there with the car engine running, at first all of the lights came on and my car cut out just like it did the first night when i had to get a tow. I immediately re-started and it stayed on, engine kept running with no lights on the dashboard. however just sitting in the car for about 10 mins or so, it felt like my car was "pushing" to "keep up" Should I be concerned, or should I just let my car run for a bit. It is about 60 degrees outside at 830am and this was the first time Ive run my car since I got home yesterday about 530pm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment