Car audio and set up ?

Car audio and set up ?


Car audio and set up ?

Posted: 11 Sep 2013 06:01 AM PDT

I am thinking about getting subs but I have a few concerns. I have an aftermarket kenwood head unit which powers two 4x6 dash speakers and two 6x9 rear speakers fine. If I got two 10 inch subs and an amp that i know can power the subs (it's already been hooked up for someone else.) can I power everything fine keeping the four speakers powered to my head unit and the amp powering the subs? Basically can I just hook up subs and an amp or do I need to get a big enough amp to power all four speakers and the subs? I'm new to all of this. Also I would like to stick with the 800 watt amp from American bass pro that comes with the subs cause I heard 800 watts won't mess up my alternator as bad as something higher powered might. I still understand there is the possibility for ruining an alternator but I just want to know if I can power everything correctly with what I have the two 6x9 speakers are 250watt and the 4x6 I am not sure but not much the head unit currently powers the four speakers alone with zero issues.

0 comments:

Post a Comment