Where should I take my car to get checked out before a road trip?

Where should I take my car to get checked out before a road trip?


Where should I take my car to get checked out before a road trip?

Posted: 06 Jan 2013 05:14 AM PST

I'm considering moving in a few months from Phoenix to Portland for school, and I intend on driving my car there, as I don't have that many belongings and since I'm only 22 renting a truck is expensive; altogether it's like 1500 miles. I recently drove it down here from northern Idaho, which is roughly the same distance, and it made it just fine. Before I left Idaho I changed some minor things (alternator, water pump, oil filter, etc), and I also had to change out the torque converter because it was spewing fluid out. Made it down here with no problems though... got vapor locked a lot, but it was summer in central Arizona. I intend on doing the basics (change all the fluids, will have new tires and brakes, tune up, etc). But I want to have the major mechanical systems inspected (like the axles, steering shaft, transmission, etc). I don't actually want them to repair anything specific, just look at it and give me a report of how worn everything is, and estimates for repairs. Is there a kind of special mechanic I can to for that? Like a Menieke or something?

0 comments:

Post a Comment