Can I breastfeed in the future if my breasts have never fully developed?

Can I breastfeed in the future if my breasts have never fully developed?


Can I breastfeed in the future if my breasts have never fully developed?

Posted: 21 Jan 2013 01:25 AM PST

I read somewhere that I wouldn't be able to breastfeed in the future because my breasts never fully developed. I had a pituitary tumor when I was 16 years old and it gave me hormone imbalance. I look my age and, I have curves and everything. I'm 22. And my boobs grew, but they never rounded out like other womens breasts even though I can wear a B cup bra, and my boobs look normal through a shirt because of the shape of bras. I was able to get rid of the pituitary tumor by 17 years old and all my hormones are perfectly balanced again, with the help of the tumor reducing meds(bromocriptine), and my birth control which I have been taking since I was 16 specifically to balance everything out. The thing is though, shouldn't my boobs have fully developed too? Everything else developed fine. Should I talk to my doctor to seek out other hormones to finish developing my breasts, or was the birth control supposed to finish doing that? I'd like to have kids in the future and breastfeed. Also, when I had my pituitary tumor, my breasts used to secrete a bit of milk, because the pituitary tumor was secreting prolactin hormones. But now my boobs don't secrete any milk obviously because I'm not pregnant, an my hormones are all in balance. I'm just wondering if my boobs will lactate in the future when I become pregnant if they are still underdeveloped?

0 comments:

Post a Comment