Curious if this has happened to other women. It's a long read. Thank you very much!?

Curious if this has happened to other women. It's a long read. Thank you very much!?


Curious if this has happened to other women. It's a long read. Thank you very much!?

Posted: 22 May 2012 01:43 AM PDT

I asked this again on my new account. Thank you! I guess I can give the full details, the tmi, etc. Some of this might be unnecessary but I figured it can't hurt added it all even if it may not matter. I got my period on March 31 and it ended on April 3, which was fairly normal for me. I ended my birth control pack a day or two later but couldn't afford to buy another one til about 5 days later. So those days I was off of it. I've been taking my birth control nearly religiously for about a year with a regular period every month, light, lasting 4-7 days, no odd symptoms. In these 4 or 5 days off my birth control, I got a pretty bad upper respiratory sickness and got a yeast infection. On the fifth day, I bought Monistat 1 and my new birth control pack and started the new pack that day at the same time I've been doing so for a year. I also took the Monistat that night. I woke up the next morning, April 14 with a light pink white discharge in my underwear. Which I know the Monistat leaks out but the blood was extremely abnormal to me. The yeast infection went away a few days later but I spotted from the 14 to the 23rd of April. No serious symptoms alongside that. I knew it wasn't normal for that to happen but I figured I'd give it some time. It could be the weird birth control cycle I was on needing to regulate. Two weeks later on May 6th (which would have been a normal time for me to begin my period) I started spotting again. I've been spotting on and off since then and it's now May 22nd. For 17 days. Almost a whole damn month. Associated with this have been extreme mood swings - mainly random spurts of crying, dull abdominal cramps and pain, dull back pains, occasional headaches, swollen breasts, weird cravings. At this point I've been thinking 1. I'm pregnant. But I've taken about three home pregnancy tests, all coming out negative, the most recent Thursday the 17th. 2. It's just my birth control/period regulating. (I get all those symptoms a week before my normal period anyways) 3. I could have some underlining medical issue. 4. I could be having a miscarriage if the hormones aren't high enough to show on a HPT. (I think this unlikely but still crossing my mind) I'm just worried because this has never happened to me. I'm always pretty regular. And I know the first thing people will shout at me is "Go see a doctor!" But I already decided that I'd give it three months (So the end of June) for this to clear up and if it doesn't, I'd then go see a doctor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment