Can depression and anxiety make your stomach reject food?

Can depression and anxiety make your stomach reject food?


Can depression and anxiety make your stomach reject food?

Posted: 22 Jun 2011 01:14 AM PDT

My social anxiety disorder has basically just hit a new high these past few months. I went into therapy once and it just didn't work for me so I quit. My parents don't believe in the medications that they have to offer for it. Basically from the minute I wake up I feel like vomiting. I can't eat normal amounts of food, I've been eating very little because if I eat normal amounts of food that I usually had, it just comes back up. My parents think I just want to starve myself and they tell me I HAVE to eat all the food they made. So I do and I feel even worse and it usually makes me gag. Basically my solution to everything is that I haven't been leaving the house at all if I need to because just going to the store is a challenge. Just walking around the store I feel like I'm on the borderline of passing out or vomiting, it's just not worth it. I've noticed that lately when I walk around the house lately I'll get really bad dizzy spells and my vision will go blank and I feel like I'm passing out. I'm 15 and I'm going to be a junior next year. I don't really know what to do with myself. my parents have sufficiently proven that they don't really care about anything at all. And trust me they don't. They think it's just how when people get nervous when they gives speeches and stuff. Well walking through the grocery store or walking down a hallway at school isn't giving a speech, is it? That's something I should be able to do. It's so bad that I don't know how to walk when I'm outside and apparently my walk is really stiff or something. I don't really have any friends because everyone basically got too good for me (God know's why because I was nothing but nice to everyone) and to be honest, I could care less. Being alone isn't a new concept and obviously they aren't worth my time and energy. I don't really know what to do and there's not really any support that I'm feeling at the moment. I'm done. I'm done trying. I shouldn't have to make this much of an effort to get through a day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment