Automotive question for people that know about transmissions, gear boxes....?

Automotive question for people that know about transmissions, gear boxes....?


Automotive question for people that know about transmissions, gear boxes....?

Posted: 13 Jun 2011 06:02 AM PDT

A person is traveling down a highway at 50-60 MPH in an average 1990's american made sedan. The passenger intentionally slams the gear shifter in the center console from drive, to park. My question is, what would happen? 13 years ago I vaguely remember being in a situation were I believed I was being kidnapped after being drugged at a club. I remember doing this exact thing to the persons car while we were traveling down the highway (in the opposite direction I had advised the person to travel repeatedly). I somewhat remember sparks coming from the back of the car, a very loud grinding sound followed by the car pulling over. Would that really happen or is it just my imagination. Like I said, I believe I was drugged so the details have become hard to remember over the years but I am fairly certain that I saw sparks and a loud grinding noise. Anyways, I was fine. The car pulled over and I crawled out the window and walked for 1 hour back to my dorm. Just before walking into my building that car pulled up next to me and the two people inside asked me to get back in, I told them to go F@ck off or something and went to bed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment