Car damage from road hazard?

Car damage from road hazard?


Car damage from road hazard?

Posted: 30 Jul 2012 06:06 AM PDT

A piece of rebar fell off a truck and missed the car in front of me. But I felt it hit my car. It was at night so I stopped at the next street light and checked for damage to my car. I did not see any damage, so I drove on. After about 5 miles the temp on my car raised and before I could leave traffic the engine over heat and as I pulled over the engine quit. The problem was the rebar pasted through the grill and hit radiator, letting the coolant drain out. My engine needs to be replaced. The insurance agent is telling me that. The damage to grill and radiator is coved under my insurance, less deductable. The engine is not covered because, that damage was caused by my driving after the damage was done. That I should have stopped and had a mechanic inspect the car before moving it. I'm thinking that in real life last at night, I did the right thing by stopping and doing a quick inspection and driving on when I didn't see any outside damage. Should insuance pay for a engine replacement?

0 comments:

Post a Comment