Can an Auto shop keep my car?

Can an Auto shop keep my car?


Can an Auto shop keep my car?

Posted: 12 Jul 2011 06:09 AM PDT

Okay so i have a huge problem. i blew the engine in my celica and i took it to a local shop that my buddy works at. i asked if they had payment plans and they said yes. so they bought me a new engine and installed it. (it took 2 weeks because of the holidays and stupid delays of parts and such. i got a call when they found the engine and told me that it would be 3500 dollars and i said thats okay as long as theres payment plans. they said oh ya dont worry we have payment plans. so they finished it and i went to go get the car and i talked to the guy, he told me the price was 5400 now! so im pissed! they didnt tell me it would be that much! 2000 dollars more than what they told me is bullshit! so i said i need to do the payment plan. he pulls out a credit card application and hands it to me and said thats their payment plan! wtf!? i couldnt get the credit card because i dont have good credit and i have a high debt to income ratio as it is! and nobody in my family can come up with this money. so the shop is saying theyre keeping my car until i can fork over 5400 bucks! may seem stupid, but can they do this? what can i do?? aside from going to the mafia and asking for a loan! any help or advice please! Thank you, Tyson

0 comments:

Post a Comment